Monday, January 30, 2012

Keepin' the classics

Before we were even pregnant, Ryan and I would discuss what movies, cartoons shows our kids would watch. What books and games we'd like to have in our home for them to read and play. Now even more so we talk about such things.  I know that cartoons (like Dora, Sesame Street, Elmo's world and what not) have become educational, and I don't mind that, I'm sure our kid will watch those, but I also want them to watch the classics!




And then of course there's ALL of the older Disney Movies, PIXAR has changed my life, but the classic Disney's formed my childhood!

Then there's Back the the future, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, That Thing You Do!, Princess Bride!

I just can't wait to share these classic movies from both Ryan & I's childhood with our kids. To have us reciting lines from our favorite movies and have them want to dress up as their favorite characters.

Harry Potter will basically become our go to night time story to read.

It's going to be awesome.

4 comments:

  1. It IS going to be awesome! Keep in mind it will be a long while before HP becomes your nightly story though. It's pretty scary and we are just barely starting the first book with Weston and he's six!

    It's also funny how your views change as a parent for what is acceptable movie viewing for your kid. I don't think Weston will be watching Back to the Future until he is a teenager (too much swearing!). It is really fun though to watch your kids watch something you loved as a child for the first time. I took the boys to see Lion King in the theaters last year and it was so fun to see that on the big screen with them! Anyway, very excited to meet a little Wecker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were just watching Back to the Future and I noticed how much swearing there is for the first time--funny how you hear things differently when you have a little one who repeats everything she hears.

    My niece watches old school cartoons with her dad every Saturday morning. That was never really my thing, but it was big in his life and cool that he can share it with his daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 4 year old Niece's favorite TV show is She-ra. It's pretty funny much much she loves the classics more then the new shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers