Monday, September 13, 2010

Recent Happenings

As you might have probably seen on facebook,


We got a new car!!


It's a green, 2011 Kia Soul.


I love it. 


It so much more comfortable and safe then the Mazda, and lets face it, the Mazda was losing it's luster and starting to give us unexpected expenses. It was only worth about $500, but our sales guy let us trade it in for $800 which was nice. We are actually just leasing it for 3 years, and after that time is up we can either give it back and see what's new, refinance to purchase it, or try to sell it.


My dream car right now is the Kia Sorento, but that is a TON of space for just us and the dogs so we figured  the soul would best fit our needs right now and we can upgrade once babies start coming into the mix. So we're leasing what we need for now, instead of buying what we could grow into, it was better for us financially


I get great gas mileage, about 34.4 MPG on the freeway, which is perfect since I've moved to a different location at work and now my drive is about 20 minutes on the freeway instead of 5  in town.


It has an awesome stereo system, Aux, USB and ipod capability.  And the speakers light up and change colors. Woo!


Super fun. Very exciting, my first new car.


*sigh*


Happiness.


In other news,


Ryan has been offered a IT position in a developing business plan. Due to the upcoming Obama health plan, all medical facilities will need to back up the last 7 years of their patient information and go all electronic. Ryan will be the IT guy to help make that happen. It will be about 6 months-a year until we start see some actual profit, but we're both pretty excited about it. The guy that is getting this started already has his own business and can do taxes, accounting, HR, and payroll so it should be smooth sailing. Ryan is definitely a planner and a thinker, he doesn't just jump in to things so the fact that they are just going in blindly and are making plans and ironing out all the details makes him more comfortable and super excited about it.


School will be starting up for him next week which I'm sure he's dreading, but the sooner it starts the sooner it's over is my opinion. He'll be taking a database course this semester so that will actually be really helpful for the IT medical job.


I also will be going back to school next week.


Not quite in the way you're thinking though, I'll just be taking another "community education" class like I did in the spring, last time it was belly dancing (which is SUPER fun, I totally recommend this to any one) this term it's going to be...


*drum roll please*



Guitar Lessons!
I'll be taking them with Caitlin every Wednesday for the next couple of months, I'm pretty excited about it. 
Ryan was all confused why I wouldn't want him to teach me and I said, "because if I get mad at my teacher, then I'm not mad at you" haha.

Anyways, hope you are all doing well enjoying the beginning of fall.
I'm LOVING it!!



2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Ryan on the IT opportunity. And to you and the new car, but we've already seen that. Ivy sure liked your horn. Good luck with the guitar class. I think having a teacher that is not your spouse is a good plan on something like that--it's easy to get frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new car is SWEET! ;) Glad everything is going well for you! :) Good luck with guitar lessons! That sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers